Don't mind him, he's just inspecting the medibay. He's no Apothecary, but he has spent more than enough time in his thousand years under their ministrations. He's familiar with what some of the tools look like.
But these?
It's not that he's making a mess--he's a tidy man, after all--but he's taking some pieces out of their racks, turning them over in his hands. "This looks more like the tools of Mars than an Apothecary."
Spinister was moving through the medibay on one of his unpredictable supply pick-ups (and to check on Nickel's status), though something made him stop.
He cycled his optics.
Movement, low to the floor. It didn't register as a threat, or he'd have reacted much, much faster and with vicious detachment. As it was, he slowly turned his head to look, optic lenses spiraling wider.
Ah. Organic, touching stuff.
His own tools --he'd had help gathering the parts to construct them with from Krok, then made them himself-- were securely stowed away in his personal toolkit, which was one reason he barely spared a glance for whatever the organic had their tiny hands all over. The other being, he was who he was. Scavenging was a default behavior seared into his processor.
"Mechanical species," he said in a soft, almost sleepy sounding voice. "Requirements and approach are likely different." He didn't know or care about specifics. "You're holding a laser scalpel."
He didn't warn the organic about maybe not touching the button because the business end was pointed near their head, because he didn't care.
Touching ALL the things. He's a little spoiled from the Arx Angelicum--everything in it was under his command. No one would question him inspecting anything--outside of the Librarius, where he did not go without a Librarian accompanying him.
"A useful weapon, if so." Everything is a weapon if you try hard enough, but a laser scalpel in the hands of an Apothecary could be lethal.
Spinister made a puzzled little mechanical chirping sound, looking over the scalpel. It wasn't the suggestion that it could be a weapon that had him puzzled, of course, but the impracticality of the choice.
"That one specifically? Mild to moderate usefulness with decreasing returns as you use up the charge. The structural integrity of that model also wouldn't hold up long under combat conditions. Best served for an initial, unexpected attack before switching to a more reliable weapon." He was half turning away as he added, "The scalpels from my personal kit would be better suited for such use."
He then paused for several long seconds as he considered something, before looking back. "Nickel would want me to inform you that non medical staff aren't permitted in those cabinets," he said in that same mild tone, which didn't indicate his opinion one way or the other about it. He could have been commenting on the time.
Today Rock is carefully investigating the silence. Normally he hears the tallest Mr Optimus rummaging in but right now there seems to be no one... and he admits the room looks a little dirt covered the floor.
He rolls up his sleeves. "Okay we can clean this up for him, and make it a nice surprise. Maybe I'll feed the fish too!"
1
Rock having spent three hours sweeping the massive room lays exhausted in the middle of it next to a pile of dirt. He whines a little and mumbles some how loudly. "This is more work then exploring Wily's castle." But then again how does he know. Its been years since he's even faced Wily.
2
He's carrying a large bottle of fish flakes. He is gonna make Optimus so proud. Cause really he's no idea when the last time he was here was. And it wouldn't hurt if it was just today he gave a little extra fishy food.
And then As Rock gets close setting the massive bottle to his side, he slips on some splashed water and falls into the tank. "Wait! Not Like This!"
It had been purely by luck that Euini had found the room. The doors to such spaces all tended to look more or less alike, and the maps of the ship's floors aren't all that helpful in discerning unless you had an exact landmark to go by. He supposes he should have expected things to be big, but there's some relief in finding someone about his size here.
Even if they're on the floor.
The young witch adjusts his new hat, teal rather than green, with a feather stuck through its point, making his approach.
Rock groans as he lifts a hand over his eyes to see who had come to visit his break time. Oh! Human kid? Wow, they've been getting more organics lately and that is good, or bad or neutral? Rock isn't sure anymore.
He pushes himself up and wipes the dirt off his t shirt that hung over his undersuit.
"Oh, hello. Yes, I'm okay. I just took on a bit too big of a job all myself. But I wanted to surprise Optimus when he comes back in. Er, the one who runs this room specifically, I forget there's like a billion Optimi... Not really but it feels like it." He babbles. Then stiffens a minute and rubs teh back of his head letting the dirt flake off his hair. "You must be new! I'm Rock Light."
Blinking at Rock's response, the other boy laughs a little then, letting out a relieved sigh.
"I'm glad. Ah- not that you... Well, you know. But that's quite thoughtful of you. It does seem like a large undertaking for someone our size though..."
He looks around as he says this. This room seems larger than the one they've been using to live in, and that one had already seemed big. The thought of cleaning up that one on your own is daunting enough!
"Oh! Yes- well, perhaps not that new, but I suppose new enough? I still don't know my way around very well," he admits, fingering the ends of the cord tied about his neck. "I'm Euini. It's nice to meet you, Rock."
"Well yes, I'm used to big tasks but I think cleaning is a bit different then missions. Though sometimes I prefer a good deep clean, it makes me feel useful and nostalgic for home." He nods and laughs lightly.
"So you are new to me, at the very least. Are you one of the Witches that came through recently. I met one named Qifrey and he's super super nice." Rock makes an assumption and then back tracks. "Sorry, I maybe shouldn't... its just that sometimes people come in waves and my fellow home worlders also all came in a big wave."
Given that the hat is a large part of their identity, Euini isn't at all surprised at the assumption.
"Oh no, you're not wrong. I am from the same world as Master Qifrey," he says with a shy smile. "I'm just an apprentice Witch, but while we're here, Master Qifrey said he'd be my teacher."
People come in waves? Who ever might be left in their home-world then if that occurred?
"It doesn't hurt to have help for tasks, especially something so large as this. I think Optimus would appreciate the effort regardless of how much you might get done because of how big it is by comparison." He taps a finger against his chin. "Would you like me to help?"
"Oh wow, you must know so many cool spells. I don't know how it works for your world but if you ever wanna show me I'm all eyes." Rock suddenly bounces on his feet. "And I guess if you wanna clean with me I won't stop you, I..." He remembers the blur of the person supposed to be his sister by his side with chores.
"I love having help." He says pushing away the empty emotion missing from the memory.
"Oh oh, maybe after we can do an exchange. I can show you my cool tricks and you can show me one of yours too! I don't know if I call mine magic but it might be the cusp of it."
Euini laughs a little, scratching the back of his head as he smiles sheepishly. "Ah... I don't think there are very many basic spells dealing with the cold to begin with...but I know a few in theory."
He blinks. An exchange?
"You can do magic? I'd like to see... Although I'm...not very good at doing magic around people. I'm trying to be better at it! ...I just get so nervous."
"Oh if you're too nervous that's okay, I'll just show you what I can do and then we can go from there." Rock says bouncing on his heels. Forgetting his self promoted job to clean almost entirely.
Suddenly he glows and poofs into a blue suited armor, helmet included. He holds his buster arm to his chest and taps a moment. "Aha," he takes on the colours of his brother Iceman and freezes a bit of the floor's gathered garbage.
"And that's not all." He takes on Fireman's colours and blasts the iced garbage. Then blinks remembering where he is. "Oh.. OH NO!"
"I'm trying to work at it," Euini says, but he seems relieved that Rock isn't being insistent about it. So he nods, watching before he gasps at the sudden display.
"How-?" he blurts. There's certainly no such magic as that! But it seems that Rock isn't done yet.
He gasps yet again as suddenly things start to freeze over. That at least is something that there is magic to do so. But when Rock shifts colors, the lad nearly jumps as fire erupts to engulf the frozen pile.
Rock waves his arms in the air in a panic, dancing his feet side to side. The smoke rises as the fire melts and evaporates the ice. Once it reaches a rather sensitive sprinkler the whole thing erupts in rain.
Rock drops his arms watching the emergancy fade. He laughs nervously. "Ah, I'm.... I'm sorry." He scratches at his hand next. "I didn't quite think that through."
"Oh!" Euini had been mentally running through spells and coming up blank- not that he had a quire to draw anything, but the sudden rain has him throwing his hands up over his head. He nearly knocks his cap off in the process.
"Is... Was that also magic? Or something else? This...tek..nology that makes up the ship," he says, holding a hand out to catch the water that falls upon them.
"You were eager to show me. I'm partially to blame for asking. But at least...it doesn't seem like anything was harmed."
Rock stands there soaked in the rain he caused, and then laughs. "Well the sprinklers aren't technically magic, they have stock piled water hidden in the ship that activates when it senses a fire...." Rock explains.
"No no its not your fault, I got over my head wanting to show off. My magic is kind of a technology too but its like... uuuh." Rock scratches his hand. "I'm not human see, I'm a robot with a variable weapons system. I can take or borrow another person's ability. I'm not sure how it works, father is better suited for that question. If he was here."
"I hope I didn't scare you, I shouldn't of used fire regardless this is a green room... I should make sure nothing got scorched."
Euini looks up at the artificial rainfall in wonder. "That's amazing... Your ability is amazing too. That such things can be done and appear to be magical in origin, but aren't..."
It makes his head spin. Witches don't seem a very common existence from what he's heard in speaking to others here on the ship. Humanity has proven to have such ingenuity that they can come up with such things without casting spells.
"O-oh, no, I was mostly startled is all," he assures, bringing up his hands. "I wish I could dry us off. There's a spell for that, but ah... it's not something I can cast yet."
He lifts a hand like he'd try squeezing the excess water from his bangs, but so long as the sprinklers are still going off, there seems little point to try.
"I think the rain started well before anything else could catch fire, but we can have a look."
"Oh good, I didn't scare you too bad. I forget sometimes people are scared of robots and I've been away from home so long.. Well lets ignore that and get to some quick look around then. You take the east and I'll look west," Rock states.
"That way we can make sure nothing spread out too far."
"Eh? You're...a robot?" The lad looks genuinely shocked. "But why would anyone be scared of you? You look just like anyone else- well, not counting the big Cyber...Cybertronians." The word's still a difficult one, but he's getting more used to it!
"A-ah, yes, of course," Euini nods. At least they shouldn't have to go far to check for damage.
Bass probably had a better time at the Infinity Spiral than most. It was great honestly. He got to fight a kick ass bee lady. Their fight was AMAZING. Ultimately led to a draw but he'd declared he'd fight her any time any place. He was ALWAYS EAGER for a rematch.
He'd also bought something at the auction after using the money the cat toddler gave him as well as some of his own funds.
A Giant Golden W.
Really it was quite glorious and the thought that it might actually be an 'M' as well as the logo of a very popular fast food chain simple did not occur to him.
He's in the hallway outside his room, dressed in his dinosaur onsie and perched atop a ladder as he installs his new W over his door. This may be alarming but he AT LEAST knows how to wield a screwdriver, okay?!
Rock stands below in his own pjs, a two piece, rubbing his eyes at the noise. He shouts up. "Can't this wait for designated morning time? When no one's still asleep, seriously that echo'd all the way to my room!" He squints up at the W...
"Is that an upside down M? Is that the Mcdonnies Logo!?" Rock puts his hands over his mouth and shouts louder. "Where did you even get that!?" Seriously that power drill is loud.
Bass continues drilling. Drill drill drill. Not a care in the world or a care about anyone aside from himself as per usual. He probably doesn't even realize what time it is. Or once again, doesn't care. He recharges when he needs it, designated hours be damned.
He does hear... something.
"WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE DRILLING!" he yells over the BRRRRing, "YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP!"
Rock blinks several times and then puffs his cheeks out and then shouts louder. " I SAID WHERE DID YOU GET THE MCDONNIES SIGN! AND TURN OFF THE DRILL!!!" He stomps a foot.
He does not think his gentle little good boy voice is loud enough to catch Bass's attention but maybe just maybe one thing might.
"WANNA FIGHT!?!" He is too tired to regret things yet.
Ah yeah that worked a little too well. He'd hoped Bass would stop and make for the training halls with him. But guess Rock chose this path, he'll just have to out best Bass.
So as Bass makes his charge for him Rock does the first thing he needs, disarming him. And slides just to the side and kicks up at the hand with the drill.
You can't just threaten Bass with a good time and expect him not to respond instantly!
Bass's hand jerks back with the force of the kick but his grip on the drill is solid. He cackles and look prepared to slam the power tool into him again... but something in the sign creaks and Bass's optics widen.
"Oh no! My W!" he quickly aborts the fight and scrambles up the ladder to check on it, "It's okay!"
"Wait, it was an accident! It didn't get broken anyway!" Rock tenses and holds his hands up. "Let's be rational first for a fight, the W is fine!"
But Rock wonders just how rational Bass will be and prepairs to bolt. It can be hard to tell what Bass' reactions will be. He's volatile and loud and rude. And not to mention violent for fun...
Bee happens to be driving by at just the right time. He was about to zip right past without a second thought, but with a loud screeching of his tires, he brakes hard and quickly reverses back to Bass's room. While popping up into root mode, he's making some ecstatic Bee noises. Lots of oohs and ahhs and beep-beeps here.
"Duuuude! The Golden Arches?! Fuckin' A!"
After jogging closer, he stares in awe for a while before he can bring himself to speak again. The fast food gods have allowed a miracle to descend down from their greasy heaven, and they now grace Bee's optics in all their golden glory. This deserves intense reverence!
"Where did you--even get a--McDonald's--sign?" Bee's reaching out to touch it while asking that. He wants to know what magic feels like!
"It IS fucking A!" Bass grins. Yes appreciate his beautiful W. It was an amazing find. W for winner. right above his door. He's quite happy with how it looks. He settles back on his haunches gazing fondly at the lit up-
"Hey!" he smacks the yellow Cybertronian's hand, "Don't touch the W! It took me forever to get it up there!"
Not to mention how many time he had to readjust it because it was crooked! He will not have it all messed up.
medibay tl + gc
gently crashes into this lmk if something needs to change!
But these?
It's not that he's making a mess--he's a tidy man, after all--but he's taking some pieces out of their racks, turning them over in his hands. "This looks more like the tools of Mars than an Apothecary."
no subject
He cycled his optics.
Movement, low to the floor. It didn't register as a threat, or he'd have reacted much, much faster and with vicious detachment. As it was, he slowly turned his head to look, optic lenses spiraling wider.
Ah. Organic, touching stuff.
His own tools --he'd had help gathering the parts to construct them with from Krok, then made them himself-- were securely stowed away in his personal toolkit, which was one reason he barely spared a glance for whatever the organic had their tiny hands all over. The other being, he was who he was. Scavenging was a default behavior seared into his processor.
"Mechanical species," he said in a soft, almost sleepy sounding voice. "Requirements and approach are likely different." He didn't know or care about specifics. "You're holding a laser scalpel."
He didn't warn the organic about maybe not touching the button because the business end was pointed near their head, because he didn't care.
no subject
"A useful weapon, if so." Everything is a weapon if you try hard enough, but a laser scalpel in the hands of an Apothecary could be lethal.
no subject
"That one specifically? Mild to moderate usefulness with decreasing returns as you use up the charge. The structural integrity of that model also wouldn't hold up long under combat conditions. Best served for an initial, unexpected attack before switching to a more reliable weapon." He was half turning away as he added, "The scalpels from my personal kit would be better suited for such use."
He then paused for several long seconds as he considered something, before looking back. "Nickel would want me to inform you that non medical staff aren't permitted in those cabinets," he said in that same mild tone, which didn't indicate his opinion one way or the other about it. He could have been commenting on the time.
hydroponics lab
no subject
He rolls up his sleeves. "Okay we can clean this up for him, and make it a nice surprise. Maybe I'll feed the fish too!"
1
Rock having spent three hours sweeping the massive room lays exhausted in the middle of it next to a pile of dirt. He whines a little and mumbles some how loudly. "This is more work then exploring Wily's castle." But then again how does he know. Its been years since he's even faced Wily.
2
He's carrying a large bottle of fish flakes. He is gonna make Optimus so proud. Cause really he's no idea when the last time he was here was. And it wouldn't hurt if it was just today he gave a little extra fishy food.
And then As Rock gets close setting the massive bottle to his side, he slips on some splashed water and falls into the tank. "Wait! Not Like This!"
1
It had been purely by luck that Euini had found the room. The doors to such spaces all tended to look more or less alike, and the maps of the ship's floors aren't all that helpful in discerning unless you had an exact landmark to go by. He supposes he should have expected things to be big, but there's some relief in finding someone about his size here.
Even if they're on the floor.
The young witch adjusts his new hat, teal rather than green, with a feather stuck through its point, making his approach.
no subject
He pushes himself up and wipes the dirt off his t shirt that hung over his undersuit.
"Oh, hello. Yes, I'm okay. I just took on a bit too big of a job all myself. But I wanted to surprise Optimus when he comes back in. Er, the one who runs this room specifically, I forget there's like a billion Optimi... Not really but it feels like it." He babbles. Then stiffens a minute and rubs teh back of his head letting the dirt flake off his hair. "You must be new! I'm Rock Light."
no subject
"I'm glad. Ah- not that you... Well, you know. But that's quite thoughtful of you. It does seem like a large undertaking for someone our size though..."
He looks around as he says this. This room seems larger than the one they've been using to live in, and that one had already seemed big. The thought of cleaning up that one on your own is daunting enough!
"Oh! Yes- well, perhaps not that new, but I suppose new enough? I still don't know my way around very well," he admits, fingering the ends of the cord tied about his neck. "I'm Euini. It's nice to meet you, Rock."
no subject
"So you are new to me, at the very least. Are you one of the Witches that came through recently. I met one named Qifrey and he's super super nice." Rock makes an assumption and then back tracks. "Sorry, I maybe shouldn't... its just that sometimes people come in waves and my fellow home worlders also all came in a big wave."
no subject
"Oh no, you're not wrong. I am from the same world as Master Qifrey," he says with a shy smile. "I'm just an apprentice Witch, but while we're here, Master Qifrey said he'd be my teacher."
People come in waves? Who ever might be left in their home-world then if that occurred?
"It doesn't hurt to have help for tasks, especially something so large as this. I think Optimus would appreciate the effort regardless of how much you might get done because of how big it is by comparison." He taps a finger against his chin. "Would you like me to help?"
no subject
"I love having help." He says pushing away the empty emotion missing from the memory.
"Oh oh, maybe after we can do an exchange. I can show you my cool tricks and you can show me one of yours too! I don't know if I call mine magic but it might be the cusp of it."
no subject
He blinks. An exchange?
"You can do magic? I'd like to see... Although I'm...not very good at doing magic around people. I'm trying to be better at it! ...I just get so nervous."
no subject
Suddenly he glows and poofs into a blue suited armor, helmet included. He holds his buster arm to his chest and taps a moment. "Aha," he takes on the colours of his brother Iceman and freezes a bit of the floor's gathered garbage.
"And that's not all." He takes on Fireman's colours and blasts the iced garbage. Then blinks remembering where he is. "Oh.. OH NO!"
no subject
"How-?" he blurts. There's certainly no such magic as that! But it seems that Rock isn't done yet.
He gasps yet again as suddenly things start to freeze over. That at least is something that there is magic to do so. But when Rock shifts colors, the lad nearly jumps as fire erupts to engulf the frozen pile.
no subject
Rock drops his arms watching the emergancy fade. He laughs nervously. "Ah, I'm.... I'm sorry." He scratches at his hand next. "I didn't quite think that through."
no subject
"Is... Was that also magic? Or something else? This...tek..nology that makes up the ship," he says, holding a hand out to catch the water that falls upon them.
"You were eager to show me. I'm partially to blame for asking. But at least...it doesn't seem like anything was harmed."
no subject
"No no its not your fault, I got over my head wanting to show off. My magic is kind of a technology too but its like... uuuh." Rock scratches his hand. "I'm not human see, I'm a robot with a variable weapons system. I can take or borrow another person's ability. I'm not sure how it works, father is better suited for that question. If he was here."
"I hope I didn't scare you, I shouldn't of used fire regardless this is a green room... I should make sure nothing got scorched."
no subject
It makes his head spin. Witches don't seem a very common existence from what he's heard in speaking to others here on the ship. Humanity has proven to have such ingenuity that they can come up with such things without casting spells.
"O-oh, no, I was mostly startled is all," he assures, bringing up his hands. "I wish I could dry us off. There's a spell for that, but ah... it's not something I can cast yet."
He lifts a hand like he'd try squeezing the excess water from his bangs, but so long as the sprinklers are still going off, there seems little point to try.
"I think the rain started well before anything else could catch fire, but we can have a look."
no subject
"That way we can make sure nothing spread out too far."
no subject
"A-ah, yes, of course," Euini nods. At least they shouldn't have to go far to check for damage.
Sometime in August, outside his room
He'd also bought something at the auction after using the money the cat toddler gave him as well as some of his own funds.
A Giant Golden W.
Really it was quite glorious and the thought that it might actually be an 'M' as well as the logo of a very popular fast food chain simple did not occur to him.
He's in the hallway outside his room, dressed in his dinosaur onsie and perched atop a ladder as he installs his new W over his door. This may be alarming but he AT LEAST knows how to wield a screwdriver, okay?!
no subject
"Is that an upside down M? Is that the Mcdonnies Logo!?" Rock puts his hands over his mouth and shouts louder. "Where did you even get that!?" Seriously that power drill is loud.
no subject
He does hear... something.
"WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE DRILLING!" he yells over the BRRRRing, "YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP!"
no subject
He does not think his gentle little good boy voice is loud enough to catch Bass's attention but maybe just maybe one thing might.
"WANNA FIGHT!?!" He is too tired to regret things yet.
no subject
He backflips off the ladder and lands in a crouch on the ground, power drill brandished.
"ALWAYS!" he howls and immediately lunges at Rock with the power tool still held firmly in his hand.
no subject
So as Bass makes his charge for him Rock does the first thing he needs, disarming him. And slides just to the side and kicks up at the hand with the drill.
no subject
Bass's hand jerks back with the force of the kick but his grip on the drill is solid. He cackles and look prepared to slam the power tool into him again... but something in the sign creaks and Bass's optics widen.
"Oh no! My W!" he quickly aborts the fight and scrambles up the ladder to check on it, "It's okay!"
He vents in relief and then glares down at Rock.
"YOU ALMOST BROKE MY W!!"
no subject
But Rock wonders just how rational Bass will be and prepairs to bolt. It can be hard to tell what Bass' reactions will be. He's volatile and loud and rude. And not to mention violent for fun...
"If it broke I'd make up for it!"
no subject
"Duuuude! The Golden Arches?! Fuckin' A!"
After jogging closer, he stares in awe for a while before he can bring himself to speak again. The fast food gods have allowed a miracle to descend down from their greasy heaven, and they now grace Bee's optics in all their golden glory. This deserves intense reverence!
"Where did you--even get a--McDonald's--sign?" Bee's reaching out to touch it while asking that. He wants to know what magic feels like!
no subject
"Hey!" he smacks the yellow Cybertronian's hand, "Don't touch the W! It took me forever to get it up there!"
Not to mention how many time he had to readjust it because it was crooked! He will not have it all messed up.