Othello Von Ryan (
thepurpleone) wrote in
cyberformed2024-06-13 09:43 pm
Entry tags:
[Video] un: Bootyyyshaker9000 - Welcome to Jur- err Skateland
All right, I've put this off long enough!
[He snaps his fingers and some upbeat synthpop begins to bump in the background as he leans towards the camera.]
Greetings fellow crewmates! I would like to officially announce the opening of a new recreational area, particularly geared for those twelve-feet and under, fifteen max but I'll admit, some of the offerings will be limited.
Now, haha, what exactly am I talking about? Well! As some of you may know, my brothers and I have always had a fondness for skateboarding back home. It's not exactly the same down endless hallways of nothing and some do not approve of us ollieing between tables at the bar SO! Without further ado!
[The camera pulls back dramatically as Donnie sweeps an arm outwards towards well...what looks like a legit skatepark at a glance. Entirely indoors as one can see the familiar walls that make up the standard rooms of the ship.]
May I present Adrenaland! (Name pending.) Come, let me show you around!
[The camera follows along after Donnie as he turns and starts pointing out the various features, plenty of massive ramps, a few bowls and half-pipes, a corkscrew and a loop-de-loop that would make a hedgehog jealous.
There's even an area off to the side where one can assemble their own custom skateboards! Unfortunately these are mainly for the turtle-sized beings than anyone pushing 15 feet.]
Don't worry, there's elevators to get you to other levels, I mean, why waste a space, right? I've even got a skateball area set up [Here he finger-guns at the cameras, he's gotchu, bros!] and- and since I was on a roll, a pool!
[He gestures with a finger for the camera or whoever it's attached to, to fly in closer.]
So there you have it, friends. Located right next door to the cool kids room- a.k.a. the Organic's Hangout. I hold no responsibilities for injuries or deaths due to unsupervised stunts or general use of this space.
Donnie, out!
[He snaps his fingers and some upbeat synthpop begins to bump in the background as he leans towards the camera.]
Greetings fellow crewmates! I would like to officially announce the opening of a new recreational area, particularly geared for those twelve-feet and under, fifteen max but I'll admit, some of the offerings will be limited.
Now, haha, what exactly am I talking about? Well! As some of you may know, my brothers and I have always had a fondness for skateboarding back home. It's not exactly the same down endless hallways of nothing and some do not approve of us ollieing between tables at the bar SO! Without further ado!
[The camera pulls back dramatically as Donnie sweeps an arm outwards towards well...what looks like a legit skatepark at a glance. Entirely indoors as one can see the familiar walls that make up the standard rooms of the ship.]
May I present Adrenaland! (Name pending.) Come, let me show you around!
[The camera follows along after Donnie as he turns and starts pointing out the various features, plenty of massive ramps, a few bowls and half-pipes, a corkscrew and a loop-de-loop that would make a hedgehog jealous.
There's even an area off to the side where one can assemble their own custom skateboards! Unfortunately these are mainly for the turtle-sized beings than anyone pushing 15 feet.]
Don't worry, there's elevators to get you to other levels, I mean, why waste a space, right? I've even got a skateball area set up [Here he finger-guns at the cameras, he's gotchu, bros!] and- and since I was on a roll, a pool!
[He gestures with a finger for the camera or whoever it's attached to, to fly in closer.]
So there you have it, friends. Located right next door to the cool kids room- a.k.a. the Organic's Hangout. I hold no responsibilities for injuries or deaths due to unsupervised stunts or general use of this space.
Donnie, out!

[Action] How are we doing, fellow kids.
Was it all really one little turtle's work? There must of been some help put in, and even with help its an incredible feat.
He hops onto various pipes and skuffles down them with talons careful not to leave marks. Is he exploring, playing. Its kind of like watching a raven discover something new.
He'll be found in various locations. And even admiring some of the skateboards. Frowning in dismay his feet are too big for them. Curiosity loses.
no subject
Not that Donnie doubted his engineering, but he still likes to be thorough, so he's flying about for an overview of things, a triple check even though he's officially opened the place up but he wants things to be perfect. He's trailed by a sleek purple drone.
It's when the stranger is over by the skateboards that the turtle comes down, thrilled to see someone here at all.
"Hello! Welcome!"
no subject
"I saw you on the network and while this is not normally my scene due to." He lowers his hand to point to his large taloned legs. "I still had to witness the marvel in person. Its quite a stage!"
He smiles his fang peaking but there is no threat to beheld. "I am Shademan."
no subject
Donnie grins, bowing back, a big sweeping one because he will never pass up a chance for theatrics.
"A pleasure, sir! I'm Donnie, and it pleases me to have piqued the curiosity of someone such as yourself. Do you have any questions?"
no subject
"Forgive such a suspicious question, its simply the first thing that comes to mind given a certain Number I know."
"Further to that. I myself wish to know, are there any wide sized skateboards. I wish to shred, is that what they say?"
no subject
He pauses as though reconsidering this as a potential invitation for such to happen before adding, "-but in the case that any of them do for some odd reason or another think to start any trouble in here, there will be retribution." Teenagers should not be so scary but Donnie sounds and looks like he means it, even though he delivers that with a smile.
"Ah, but my apologies for the limited sizes- I wasn't sure what the audience would be like, but I'm sure I can accommodate!"
Quick to jump to the next subject and just as eager to see to another fix, Donnie all but hops over to the selection of boards and parts he'd manufactured.
"Well let's see... making a wider one wouldn't be a problem. Have you skateboarded before?" he asks as he pulls a pair of boards from the shelf, looking between them and Shade's feet.
no subject
"Oh, I've never done skating. But I have experience with kart racing." He then takes a moment to contemplate that. "Though I do not think that has much in common other then wheels."
Shade's talons and feet grind to the floor. Two toes in front, and a third in back. Easily seen he can pluck someone off the ground if he so chose to. His wings flick as well, another hurdle perhaps for skateboarding.
no subject
"Hm, no?" Donnie observes those feet, not really ideal for a board, no. "Making a board that would be sized for your feet wouldn't be a problem, but given the design of them, I don't think it would be suitable," he admits, stroking his chin. The wings could work if he keeps them fastened against him though...
"Light bulb!" he exclaims, snapping his fingers. "There's more than one way to shred. If you will allow me to take some quick measurements?"
no subject
no subject
Donnie pulls out measuring tape and sets to work measuring around Shade's feet and then from end to end with such efficiency that there's no doubt he's used to doing these sorts of things. He straightens up, turning to go look through the other parts he's made up.
"Prefs for colors?" Colors are important!
no subject
Perhaps he can bring the Wily Numbers in here, if things work out. So many of them are so adolescently coded... He's happy there's more then a game room or a hang out space for someone their sizes.
no subject
"So...who're these Numbers exactly? Or I guess what they'd classify as would be more what I meant but..." He shrugs, picking out some vibrant purple wheels, ten of them. They're still a little wide for what he has in mind but that's an easy fix. He starts to set them in a row on the counter, two rows of five. Then he picks up one of the boards he'd selected earlier.
What happens next is hard to describe, given that there's really not much that seems to happen, save that in one moment he's holding a board and in the next, it's... some sort of Shademan-foot-shaped frame, a metal cradle with straps that latch into place to secure them, open-toed and -heeled to take into account the claws. He turns it over, the underside housing some kind of parallel-walled opening, and its here that he picks up one wheel, the shape inexplicably flattening and enlarging just a touch before he slots it into place, following suit with four more wheels. He holds the finished thing up for inspection, giving the wheels a spin with the flick of a claw before holding it out to Shademan so he can get started on the other rollerboot.
no subject
"I am an honest to goodness robot vampire. Perhaps not in a traditional sense but the theme leads to authenticity. I can even drain another robot of their fuel if I so choose." He states matter of factly. He leans and feels the end of the rollerboot and rolls the wheels making a hum of approval.
"The Numbers... Wily Numbers primarly. There are Light Numbers as well, but mine are Wily. One might consider them siblings to me, perhaps brothers in arms is still a brother all the same."
no subject
Wily Numbers, Wily Numbers... Has he heard of Wily? Some other scientist, he figures, assuming that the Light Numbers pertained to the same Doctor Light Rock had mentioned to him once. And as humanoid as they all appeared, they still shared some similar features enough that Donnie can tell. "Huh, I see. What about that Bass guy? He's super annoying." He's not really sure what his relationship is with the guy himself, either he hates him, finds him a tolerable existence or just likes using him for target practice.
What's stranger is that the skateboard deck had certainly been wood in its previous state. The turtle's handing over the second boot, also metal, in short order. "Here, try these."
no subject
Then as he considers the words before he makes a fond face. "Bass is a Special Wily Number. So he gets special treatment, I am sorry for his behavior he can be quite much. He was built specifically to counter Megaman and well you know how those stories go."
He twists his finger in the air. "Doctor Wily can be quite brilliant but I think he focuses much too strongly on aesthetics. But on occasion there is one of us that is created that truly is a marvel."
no subject
"Quite much is an understatement. The first time I ran into him he was crazy and over-juiced on some weird energy. I thought that was just the energy but nope, turns out he's just crazy." And Rock has to deal with that? Well, it makes Donnie feel a little better.
"Nothing wrong with aesthetics, but there should be a good balance," he says, nodding.
no subject
"He's making friends then, how wonderful." A teasing word as he chuckles. "He's very eccentric yes, but he has an honour all his own. Once you find out how he works he's easy to get along with." Spoken as if that's only half a truth.
"He's primarily why I asked if you could handle the place here if the Wily Numbers got unruly."
no subject
Donnie shoots Shademan a Look at the friend comment, but he supposes he doesn't out right hate the crazy bot. He'd been a very convenient outlet when Donnie had felt like everything was just falling to pieces around him, a willing combatant to help him blow off some steam. Strange acquaintances at best, maybe.
"Oh. Well, wouldn't be the first time I've had to fight him if it came down to it."
no subject
He smiles in that ever knowing way he does that a certain friend would pettily call out. "I'm no stranger to the mystic, I have noticed many of us Robot Masters are gifted with things alittle beyond what should be possible." He cackles. "I can understand your plight is what I mean."
"As for Bass, I'm certain once routine falls in he might calm down as much as Bass can."
no subject
At this rate he's not surprised to hear that even these Robot Masters have potential access to something different than what one would otherwise expect from scientific and technological methods. He wouldn't be surprised if it was due to some experimentation with unknown powers. That seems...a pretty fair culprit, and he can't help but think of the strange power crystals he extracted from Bass when the guy had first been about on a near literal meltdown.
"Heh. Somehow 'as much as Bass can' doesn't sound like it'll be much difference," the turtle observes, but he sounds at least a little amused. "So what do you do? And have you been settling in all right? It seems like we keep getting more and more of you guys, assuming that most of the humanoid bots I've been seeing pop up on the network are related to your Numbers or Rock."
no subject
"Oh what can you do with wild youths." Says one who is not much older regardless. He fondly sighs. "How envious." Laughing at his own joke he stands to test the rollerboots weight distribution.
"Ah wouldn't that be wonderful to know. I am multi functional. Recon, intelligence gathering. Stealth based primarily." He grins awkwardly. "I suppose since we're all on the same side in such a place, I can reveal a little more. I can also create ultra sonic waves with my voice, and hypnotic glares." Chuckling more.
"I was meant to hypnotize the masses, but it seems my vocals only work to harm and my glances don't work well in large crowds. As for the family, The Wily Numbers are quite numerous, it is no surprise to see more then the Light numbers come through." He strides forward sliding with grace.
"I would not be surprised to see a Cossack number some day."
no subject
"Hey, nothing wrong with stealth-based!" Donnie says, morphing his hand back. "As a ninja I can appreciate such a build. Sonic waves sound pretty cool though, although given the implications, not something I think I want to be caught on the other end of."
He watches as Shademan tests out the skates, well, rollerblades, that usual sense of eager anxiety in seeing something he's made be put to use for the first time.
"Cossack? Is that another scientist's line? Wow, how many of you guys are there?"
no subject
Then he chuckles. "I can only hope not to use it, its not devastatingly dangerous, my voice is much better suited to music." the skates move smoothly, Shade flaps his wings as he just lets it move him forward without using his legs broadly.
"Yes, Doctor Cossack. Its quite a story of his involvement. As for the number of Robot Masters in existence. Actual Robot Masters, not subordinate AI. Perhaps 57. Including Protoman, Bass and a dear miss Roll."
no subject
"Music? Oh, do you sing? Musical preferences?" He grins as he watches Shademan skate. Rollerblades were definitely a good call, he decides, satisfied. Skateboarding wouldn't have best accommodated the wings. This way, the skates are more supplementary and Shademan can take advantage of the mobility while making use of his wings whenever he feels the need. Donnie bets he can pull of some pretty sick tricks too once he gets a feel for things.
"...okay but that is a lot of Robot Masters. You're all amazing."
no subject
He spins turning back to Donnie's direction. Its kinder to speak face to face. The tail flicks to help balance and his wings angle to straighten him back up.
"We are full of potential! And I refuse for our new species to be snuffed out before we're even a decade old as a whole." Shade says suspiciously. "I've noted how we're all in different points in time as well as space and that is hope enough for me."
no subject
Donnie blinks then as he soaks in this information. "But why would someone..?" he starts. He really has no idea what sort of background any of them were coming from. Rock had only mentioned that there were some built to help with maintenance...? "Ah, time is definitely a strange factor here," he says, not looking terribly crazy about that detail himself, but he's well aware that not everyone has such extreme existences like he and his brothers seem to have.
no subject
He stops blading and his wings wrap round himself. "Went from one impossible enemy to 8. And I do not think I enjoy the prospect of death all too much. But its a problem I can not deal with in this moment. So why should I focus when Time is bendable and perhaps able to be turned back."
no subject
"...things need to stop deciding to take over or destroy Earth," he mutters. Things he has to look forward to whenever and if he's ever sent back. That's also something he dreads, really. Not entirely for what he has to catch up with, but for what and who he'll be leaving behind here if it happens. But there's also a part of him that wonders if he'd be able to go back at all, now that he's connected to this dimension through the meddlings of not one but two Primes, essentially. That's a whole different box of feelings in a tangled mess that he hasn't touched, and he shoves it back into his mental closet before it tries to unpack itself again.
"Unfortunately it's as unpredictable as our comings," he observes. "But I'm sure whatever happens whenever it happens, you'll do what you think is necessary, and to the best of your capabilities. That's the only thing we can trust, right?" Themselves.
no subject
"And even if they were only after our creator, that is simply an outcome none of us want." Then he smiles somber some. "Luckily I am prepared for my own return. So when the time comes..."
He frowns. "I will simply exist as I am here and now. And worry later. Come now, onto better pasturing topics."
He bows and skates closer. "I must assume a ship as this has a karaoke bar."
no subject
"I- Huh. That. Is an excellent question actually. We have a bar, but I have not seen a karaoke space. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to set up though, either at the bar itself or in another space entirely."
no subject
"It will be so exciting."
no subject
no subject
no subject
"Go forth and conquer!"
no subject
It must be a sight to see someone so refined partaking in such a sport.
no subject
Even without knowing how to use a skateboard at all or what you would even do on one, the array of things spread throughout the room and the way the person in the video had talked about it made it seem like it was the next best thing to hitting a home run. And maybe it was.
He ran a hand down the material of the ramp, and was surprised and pleased to find out that it wasn't wood at all as he'd thought at first. Good. Wood had its place, but if you wanted anything to survive long, metal alloys were often the best bet.
"I've got to show Quick," he said with a more quiet smile, thinking of the sort of things he could get up to with the robot master in a place like this.
no subject
But there was the enthusiasm that he'd been hoping for, even if it was from an unlikely source. There were so many bots he didn't know more than by a data entry on his comm.
"Hey!" he greeted, zipping down to land by Gold Mask.
no subject
Finally he turned his head. He blinked once at seeing Donnie up close, but his smile didn't waver at all. "Hey, yourself. You made a nice introduction, and did a better job on making all this. Name's Gold Mask. I'm an Iron Leaguer. I was built to be the best at soccer and baseball. I don't know how to play skateboarding, but..."
He turned back to the equipment, optics shining. "I can learn, if you can teach. And you mentioned stunts. So I'll take it that once the basics are learned, you can trick gravity into thinking you can fly. Thats where I want to be."
no subject
"Well, you don't 'play' skateboarding, necessarily. The act of playing is in skateboarding itself, if we have to get technical." He grins. "The concept is quite simple. You have your board, your wheels, you stand on it and propel yourself with one foot to keep it in motion. Balance is key. To maneuver, you shift your weight on the board, which has a very subtle flex which influences the wheels and the direction you wish to turn towards."
Donnie stepped over to take one of the already made boards from the hooks it hung upon, setting it on the floor to mount so he could do a quick demonstration.
"Stunts will come after you have mastered basics. It is easier said than done, but once you get a feel for it, then we can start teaching you how to fly. But I'd recommend the bowls first, once you feel comfortable enough with staying on a skateboard. It'll give you some flexibility and it's not as steep as the ramps but it's good practice."
Text un: neonleon
Schedule that skateball game for ASAP. It's been too long since I wiped the floor with you guys.
no subject
I am available whenever you and Michael are good for it. Your premature overconfidence is noted.
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Older.
no subject
I am shocked and almost offended you think we would hang up our skateboards. All it means is I got two years more experience and tricks up my sleeves.
no subject
Okay but you're clearly going to have to prove it.
no subject
BRING IT!
no subject
....actually now that Donnie really thinks about it it is kind of weird and unsettling so he's going to very pointedly try to divert his attention to some skateball practice.]
OH, consider it BROUGHT.